Monday, October 8, 2012

News travels fast...

YOUR mission call is just around the corner! 
I heard the wonderful news about the lowering of the missionary age while I was here in Siena, Italy shortly before my bedtime.  Needless to say, I did not fall asleep quickly as I thought about all that this announcement means to the world.  I am so excited for you, the youth of the church, who will be a part of this significant time in our history.  Because I know you, I know that the spirit you will take to the world will change the world. Can you imagine how much work we have to do and how little time we have to prepare?  We better get busy and get serious about learning the gospel and growing our testimonies. 
   The rest of this blog entry is for the 4 of you who are interested in my update on my travels and experience.  For the past 2 days I have been in this place. 
Yes, Brother Colvin made me climb to the very top of that huge tower....it was awesome, and we watched the sun set from the top of the tower. (sigh) I  have been enjoying this medieval city by foot and must say that I LOVE it here.  Below you will find a few of the incredible sights we have seen today along with a little fun for the those who are interested.
For Ten Points - Who is portrayed in the four pictures of Siena artwork shown here?



Finally (this is purely for entertainment purposes) this horse race is a traditional race that has been run since August 16, 1656.  Notice the funny colored "pajamas" worn by the riders. These colors represent certain districts within the city.  Each district has a representative mascot (including the speedy giraffe, snail, caterpillar, porcupine, and scallop mascots). They each choose a horse and rider to represent them, and it is a VERY BIG deal to win this race for your district.  We were here in Siena during the celebration of the winners of this race, which was also a very big deal.  Enjoy the race!     

No comments:

Post a Comment